The Houston Exchange are delighted to be invited to create this podcast with John Tomlison of Trainer Tools. The interview with Catherine Thomson of the Houston Exchange provides a unique perspective on how Structural Dynamic, a theory of face to face communication, can raise the quality of the conversations you have with coaching clients and trainees to significantly improve the learning experience.
In this podcast we talk about:
- Recognising your own patterns and expressions of communication and the impact they have on your conversations
- How to intervene more effectively and efficiently when unhelpful patterns of behaviour are observed in your learners/coachee’s
- How to spot “stuck” patterns of behaviour and how to handle this challenge in a way that does not impact negatively on your relationship with individuals or groups
- Surfacing unknown issues that are getting in the way of learning with a view to collectively work towards resolution.
- Achieving real buy in to learning goals
- Moving from politeness (saying what we are expected to say) to Dialogue (increased honesty and respect)
To listen to the podcast click on this link: ‘How to use Structural Dynamics to have great conversations’