Talk is cheap, right? Actually, in our experience, it can be very costly, and often is.
Conversations are indispensable to getting ideas and actions to flow, no matter how good our policies and processes are. But quite often, workplace conversations are acting as invisible, unhealthy brakes on an organisation, at significant financial and human cost.
- Teams that are only partly engaged
- Disaffected people who comply but don’t contribute beyond expected minimums
- Conflict is not dealt with openly or in a healthy way, and public agreement being undermined by private dissent
- Management point scoring and other divisive behaviours
- Executive Teams and Boards of Directors that fail to recognise and respond to strategic risks, or fail to fully capitalise on strategic opportunities
- Significant costs (both time and money) to the business relating to under performance, absenteeism, and disciplinary and grievance incidents
By improving the quality of our conversations, we can achieve radical improvements in organisational performance, addressing the above issues positively and quickly.
To do that, however, we need to understand what’s actually happening under the surface, and have a systematic method for driving improvements for you and your team.
On the other hand, if you’re a ‘cut to the chase’ kind of person and you would value an initial no-strings-attached discussion about your organisation’s current situation and how we might be able to help you, feel free to give us a call on 0131 272 2787, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.