At the Houston Exchange we work with executives and other leaders to develop proficiency in:
• Leading organisational change
• Leading teams
• Pivotal conversations
We use the Leadership Agility Accelerator™. This is a self-assessment and development tool, based on research undertaken by Bill Joiner and Stephen Josephs resulting in their award-winning book, Leadership Agility.
The Leadership Agility Accelerator is a tool that has been developed to help leaders select and work on specific leadership practices that will take your agility to a new level. So how does this tool help executives, leaders and managers deliver for today and safeguard tomorrow? Understanding what level of leadership you demonstrate, versus what is required of you in your role is a great starting point. This tool helps leaders at all levels in the business:
· Identify their most important initiatives
· Assess current level of leadership agility
· Select a few best practices especially designed to increase agility
· Create an action plan for putting these practices into action
But what, exactly, does agility mean when it comes to leadership? In a nutshell, it’s the ability to quickly step back, gain greater perspective and put the insights you have into effective action. Our coaching approach involves working with the results of the assessment report in the context of:
· Personal response to change
· Managing emotions and shadow behaviours and their impact on others
· Having honest conversations that lead to new thinking
· Naming and managing defensive patterns of behaviour
· Creating psychological safety
· Increasing self-regard, resilience and confidence
It’s Leadership from the inside out!
If this article has made you curious about improving your leadership skills, contact The Houston Exchange for more information on Taking the Leadership Agility Accelerator Assessment. Work on your action plan with one of our trained Leadership Agility coaches and start on your journey from moving from wonder to wisdom.
Take the first step to become the best leader you can be!